Welcome back!

http://www.zatchels.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/back_to_school.jpg

Welcome back! I hope everyone had a wonderful summer.

The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:

• Our curriculum will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
  • We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
  • At each grade level, students will be learning information literacy skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
  • The new iPads in the library will be available for classroom use!
  • We have a lot of special events being planned, author visits, book fairs, the home reading club, and more!
  • If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We’d love to have you.

Upcoming events:
Sept 17-20: The Scholastic Book Fair is back!  Come and check out some great books before or after you visit with your child’s teacher that week.
Sept. 24- Home Reading Club begins.  Last year we read around the world.  Where can we read to this year?   Stay tuned for more details.

Questions? Comments? Please come and see me in the library Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I welcome your thoughts on the blog as well.

I’m looking forward to an exciting year!

Mrs. Araujo 🙂