In term 3 Division 3 came to the library for ADST Maker Lab for five sessions. Applied Design Skills Technologies is an important part of our revised curriculum. Our Learning Intentions for these sessions were to:
1)Develop the Core Competencies of:
- Personal Awareness and Responsibility
- Creative and Critical Thinking
2) Generate ideas, make something, test it, improve it, share it, reflect on our thinking.
Our maker lab included a variety of materials and technologies. Students chose the station they wished to visit to learn, play and explore. Stations included:
- Coding with Sphero robots
- Making music with GarageBand
- Making and learning about electricity with Electronic Snap Circuits
- Designing and building with Keva planks
- Designed and creating with Lego
- Drawing at the Graffiti Board
- Inventing with Makey Makey
Each week we reflected on what we did. We chose “I” statements from the Core Competencies and ADST Curricular Competencies and talked about how they connected to what we were doing in Maker Lab. Students were also asked to come up with a plan/design that they would use at one of the stations.
Oct. 31st Happy Halloween
I hope you enjoyed our visit from Shane Peacock yesterday. We’re going to start by sharing what we learned, notice and wonder after his presentation. Then, you are going to write a post on the padlet and share your thoughts.
Ms. Binns would like to learn more about you as a reader so we can help you find books you’ll enjoy and introduce you to new books. Please complete the survey below and then read the whiteboard for further instructions.
Welcome back! Please share what you read in the padlet below. Remember to be a good digital citizen.