February 24th is Pink Day, but did you also know it is World Read Aloud Day?
Several of our classes and the library have registered for this worldwide event. Here are some of the books we will be reading in the library tomorrow:
What will you be reading aloud today?
We all know February 14th is Valentines Day, but did you know it is also Love Your School Library Day? This week I invited our school to share what they love about our library.
What do I love about our library?
- I love it when students rush to choose books after my book talks.
- I love it when someone finds just the book they were looking for.
- I love it when students put books on hold because they just can’t wait to read them.
- I love it when classes are reading in the library and they don’t want to leave. Sorry teachers.
- I love it when someone comes to share a book they’ve written and wants to add it to our student author basket.
- I love it when we’re in the middle of an inquiry project and the students are so excited about learning.
- I love it when I have to tell my library monitors to stop reading and get back to work.
- I love my parent volunteers who make everything run smoothly. Thank you!
- I love that this list could go on forever.
- I love being the teacher librarian at South Slope/BCSD!
Happy Love Your School Library Day! Please come and visit to find a book you’ll love.