The YRCA books for 2018 will be available in Octocber/November to all students in grades 4-7. There are some fantastic books this year. See how many you can read!
Who can vote? – Anyone in grades four through seven who has read (or has heard read) at least two titles from the list.
When do we vote? – Between March 15 and April 15.
Where do we vote? – Mrs. Araujo will provide the ballots.
When are the winners announced? – In mid-April.
Here are the titles for YRCA 2019:
Junior Division (Grades 4-6)
- Dog Man by Dav Pilkey
- Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- It Ain’t so Awful Falafel by Firoozeh Dumas
- The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd
- Ms. Bixby’s Last Day by John David Anderson
- Pax by Sarah Pennypacker
- The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
- The Inn Between by Marina Cohen
Click here to watch some book trailers.
Intermediate Division (Grades 7-9)
- Booked by Kwame Alexander (book trailer)
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer (book trailer author interview)
- Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan (book trailer)
- The Skeleton Tree by Iain Lawrence (book trailer)
- OCDaniel by Wesley King (author interview)
Click here for YRCA resources at our library.
These books are on the list but not available at our library.
- Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
- Replica by Lauren Oliver
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
For more Info about YRCA click here.
Have you read any of these titles? Post your reviews and comments here. Which book do YOU think should win and why?