For 5 sessions in term 3 Division 4 came to the library for ADST Maker Lab. Applied Design Skills Technologies is an important part of our revised curriculum. Our Learning Intentions for these sessions were to:
1)Develop the Core Competencies of:
- Personal Awareness and Responsibility
- Creative and Critical Thinking
2) Generate ideas, make something, test it, improve it, share it, reflect on our thinking.
Our maker lab included a variety of materials and technologies. Students chose the station they wished to visit to learn, play and explore. Stations included:
- Coding with Sphero robots
- Making music with GarageBand
- Making and learning about electricity with Electronic Snap Circuits and LittleBits
- Designing and building with Keva planks
- Designed and creating with Lego
- Drawing at the Graffiti Board
- Inventing with Makey Makey
How did we know we were successful?
- I can share what I made.
- I can share my ideas.
- I helped my team.
- I learned something new.
- I had fun.
- I collaborated, planned and carried out improvements.
- I generated ideas.
- I analyzed my process and looked for ways to improve it.
- I reflected on what was easy and challenging.
- I can celebrate my efforts and accomplishments.
- I can persevere with challenging tasks.
- I can deliberately learn something.
- I tried my best.
- I cooperated and listened to others.
- I can be kind and help people.
- I can invent.
Students reflected on their successes and goals each week. After our last session students were asked to reflect on their learning and post it in their Google Classroom.
I hope you enjoyed our visit with author Shane Peacock. Take a few minutes and turn and talk to someone beside you about the presentation. What did you learn, notice and wonder? What was your favourite part? Next, make a post on the padlet below. I will share it with Mr. Peacock so he can read your reflections.
Ms. Sian and I want to know more about you as readers. Please complete the survey below and let us know what you like to read and how we can help you.
Welcome back! Please share what you read in the padlet below. Remember to be a good digital citizen.