Reading Club begins Monday, September 24th. This year we are going to try and read to the moon! Students should have received their forms from their classroom teacher. You can also pick one up from the library.
Happy reading everyone!
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! Visit Room 211 this week to check out some great new books. The fair is open at lunch and after school Monday-Thursday. We are also open late on Tuesday and Thursday so you can come and visit the fair before or after your visit with your child’s teacher. The proceeds will be used to purchase new resources for the school library.
Parent volunteers are still needed. Please come and see Mrs. Araujo in the library to sign up. Thank you for your support!
A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words
Picture books: On August 31, Candlewick launched a yearlong video celebration of picture books in honor of their 20th anniversary. Every day for 365 days, as part of the We Believe in Picture Books campaign, Candlewick will offer a video shot by authors, illustrators, staff, and friends, sharing what picture books mean to them, recommending a favorite story, and more….You can also submit your own video to the publisher in which you informally talk about your favorite picture book, what the format means to you, or why it matters.
Check out this great video I saw on 100scopenotes.com:
Welcome back! I hope everyone had a wonderful summer.
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our curriculum will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- At each grade level, students will be learning information literacy skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- The new iPads in the library will be available for classroom use!
- We have a lot of special events being planned, author visits, book fairs, the home reading club, and more!
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We’d love to have you.
Sept 17-20: The Scholastic Book Fair is back! Come and check out some great books before or after you visit with your child’s teacher that week.
Sept. 24- Home Reading Club begins. Last year we read around the world. Where can we read to this year? Stay tuned for more details.
Questions? Comments? Please come and see me in the library Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I welcome your thoughts on the blog as well.
I’m looking forward to an exciting year!
Mrs. Araujo 🙂