This is a fully funded opportunity for Burnaby youths to attend a leadership workshop in Ottawa, Ontario and:
➢ Experience what it means to be Canadian
➢ Learn how our government works
➢ Gain an understanding of our country
➢ Meet leaders and decision makers
➢ Engage with young Canadians from every province
To qualify you must:
• Be between 16 and 18 (at the time of program)
• Have excellent academic standing
• Be involved in Community Service with an emphasis on non-school related volunteering
• Have leadership abilities
• Be a Canadian citizen or have Landed Immigrant Status
• Be able to go to Ottawa from May 14 – 17, 2023
• Attend an interview with a panel of Rotarians – to be scheduled at the start of February
Send your essay/video to email below by deadline: February 3, 2023
• Write a short essay (approx. 250 words) or film a 60-90 second video on the topic:
“What Being a Canadian means to Me”
• Send your resume and essay / video by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are new to this page, welcome! This is where all Burnaby North scholarship details will be posted.
Now is a good time to get familiar with this page and all it has to offer. Start by going through the tabs where you will find information such as how to write and ask for reference letters, filling out a profile of yourself and last year’s scholarship presentation under “Home”. After doing that, you may want to check out how to collect service hours under that tab or the handy “Calendar” tab which is where all the scholarship due dates will be posted. Lastly, if you have questions, you may want to check out the FAQ page any other questions can be directed to Ms. Mihic once school is in session again.
There will also be an ONLINE scholarship general meeting on Thursday, September 22nd at 3:45 PM.
Link to meeting:
Make sure you are accessing the meeting through your O365 account!