APPLICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED BURNABY NORTH’S SCHULICH NOMINEE DUE FRIDAY, JANUARY 8TH. READ BELOW FOR MORE INFO.
Note: the school can select only ONE nominee.
Student must be planning to study science, technology, engineering, or mathematics at one of the 20 Canadian partner universities next September and possess two of the following: (i) outstanding community, and/or entrepreneurial leadership, (ii) academic excellence, and alternatively,(iii) financial need. Not for students planning a career as a medical practitioner or researcher – this scholarship is geared towards the entrepreneurially-minded student.
Up to 100 awards. Roughly half the awards are valued @ $100,000 for engineering scholarships and the other half is $80,000 for science and math scholarships.
In order to be considered for the school’s nomination, you must complete and submit requirements outlined in the “Procedure” section below by Friday, January 7th, 2022. to Ms. Mihic in Student Services or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure all documents are in the following order. If emailing, combine all documents into a single .pdf rather than in multiple documents.
- An updated resume.
- 50-words each describing your top 3 achievements (academic or other).
- A 600-word essay demonstrating why you should win.
- A 250-word optional essay to discuss any additional information, including extenuating circumstances.
- A 50-word short answer describing where you see yourself 10 years from now
- Two letters of support from references (at least one academic).
- Current transcript that include your midpoint semester 1 marks.
- As well, make sure you have your Student Profile completed. Your package will not be considered if one is not filled out. You can access it here:
The successful nominee will be notified by the school in mid-January.
Note: if selected, there will be time for the nominee to “tidy up” all supporting documents before formal submission in mid February.
Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident since 2019. Have a minimum overall grade average of 75% for grade 11 and available grade 12 marks based on Universities Canada’s Calculation of Average. Must demonstrate financial adversity and use funding towards a post-secondary institution, trade school or college in which you will be enrolled full-time. Two letters of reference required (1 teacher; 1 community-based) in addition to transcript and application. Eligibility details below or at: https://beedieluminaries.ca/eligibility/
“This year, in light of the labour shortage within the skilled trades sector, we would like to particularly encourage students considering a career in the trades to apply.”
up to $40,000/ 4 years for a Bachelor’s Degree Program or Trade School Program.
An application with all supporting documentation must be submitted electronically to Scholarship Partners Canada no later than the application deadline of January 13th, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. PST
Submit an online application by visiting
Founded in 2008, The Cmolik Foundation helps students across BC access educational opportunities that shape their career aspirations and possibilities with the support of dedicated educators, mentors, sponsors and volunteers. Eligible applicants must:
- Be a resident of BC
- Have lived in Canada for a minimum of 7 years
- Plan to graduate from a BC secondary school
- Plan to attend and study full time at a post secondary university, college or trade school
- Be ineligible for the BC Tuition Waiver Program (for former youth in care)
- Have experienced adversity or hardship
- Have exhibited a good work ethic
- Have demonstrated financial need
- Evidence of leadership involvement
$40,000 for tuition, books, and living expenses
nomination application to Ms. Mihic in Student Services by January 21, 2021 by 3pm (email or paper OK).
due online February 7th, 2021. Successful applicants will be notified in late March or early April.
Part 1: DUE January 21, 2022 by 3pm to Ms Mihic:
200-250 written response describing evidence of:
- adversity or hardship
- good work ethic
- financial need
- leadership involvement
Part 2: DUE FEBRUARY 7th 2022 online IF NOMINATED from Part 1:
Go to https://www.thecmolikfoundation.com/scholarships/ for info and to submit:
- application form
- 2 references (1 should be a teacher)
- official transcript or most recent report card
- current photograph
- Letter from the school principal stating that you are the student nominated to apply for The Cmolik Foundation scholarship from the school. (see Ms. Mihic to arrange this last one)