Awarded to a graduating student who has demonstrated excellence and achievement in a Youth Train in Trades and Youth Work in Trades program and meets the following eligibility criteria.
To be considered for the award the student must have
- successfully completed a Youth Train in Trades and Youth Work in Trades program in the Burnaby School District with a high level of effort, determination and integrity
- successfully completed 120 hours industry-recognized work experience
- demonstrated a high level of motivation to continue to develop skills and abilities in the chosen profession
- demonstrated plans to continue in studies in the chosen field at post-secondary or apprenticeship training
- been nominated for the award by a Youth Train in Trades or Youth Work in Trades program teacher
Consideration is to be given to a student with financial need. The scholarship will be awarded upon proof of registration in a post secondary or apprenticeship trades training program.
$1000 will be awarded to a graduating student from BNSS who meets the above eligibility criteria.
To Ms. Mihic (paper or email) by 3pm on FRIDAY, MARCH 15th, 2023 BEFORE 3PM .
Download or pick up a paper form and submit all forms, in order, to Student Services or email to Ms. Mihic by due date. Refer to “FAQ” tab > “Creating and Combining PDF documents” if you need help combining PDFs.