This is an annual program hosted by Alliance of Black Employee Experience and Leadership (“ABEEL”) Foundation. The program aims to encourage youths across Canada to share their vision of a future without racism and bring to light all intersectional issues that stem from racism. Through this effort, we hope to engage students in meaningful dialogue about how they see racism manifest in their own lives, and what steps we can all take towards a less hateful – and more prosperous – future for all of us. As part of this program, youths from Canadian high schools (or seeking equivalent educational certificates in Canada) will use a creative medium of their choosing to bring their ideas to life, including creative writing, non-fiction writing, photography, visual arts, music, or video. Winning teams from each region will be provided with resources and rewards that will be distributed to their communities, to their schools, and to the students themselves.
More details below.
Varies. Up to $5,000 per team
Onine team registration due December 16, 2021.
Online submission responses due January 14, 2021
1. Applicant groups can include up to a maximum of 5 students. Group Work is encouraged.
2. Applicants should ensure their group is diverse. We strongly encourage the inclusion of 1 or more Black students.
3. All response requirements must be completed and submitted in the format requested.
4. Applicants must submit their submission responses by Friday, January 14, 2022 @ 11:59 pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
5. All completed submissions must be submitted to our evaluation team at via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line as follows: [City] – [School Name]
PROMPT: How can we eliminate Anti-Black racism in your community?