- Canadian Iranian Foundation is the administrator of the CIF’s Annual Scholarship.
- Applicants must have legal Canadian Status.
- Applicants must not be the past recipients of CIF’ scholarship.
- Applicants must become a member of the Canadian Iranian Foundation before the interview process.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Canadian Post Secondary institution.
- Applicants must provide “proof of Enrolment” letter from their post-secondary school.
- Applicants must be well-rounded and demonstrate a good standing in art, leadership, humanitarian work, sports, and academics.
- Applicants must have shown a great effort in trying to integrate into Canadian and Iranian society, by volunteering at least 20 hours of community services.
- Applicants must volunteer at least 20 hours at CIF’s events online or in person before receiving their scholarship cheques.
- Applicants must provide one signed letter of reference supporting extra-curricular and volunteering activities in a sealed envelope. Unsigned and open letters will not be accepted.
- Applicants must provide one signed letter of reference supporting academics in a sealed envelope. Unsigned and open letters will not be considered.
- Applicant must provide the names of two people who are providing him/her with the academic and community service letters of recommendation. These signed letters should be submitted with the application in a sealed envelope.
- Applicants should provide a head shot via e-mail.
email by June 15, 2023.
In 300 words or less, explain what sets you from otherapplicants?
- One signed and sealed academic reference letter
- One signed and sealed community service reference letter
- A 300 words essay
- completed application (below)
- Head shot via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information: 604-800-1977
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.cif-bc.com
- Membership form after being successful in the interview
The Seaforth Parent Advisory Council is proud to be offering a $500 scholarship for École Seaforth Elementary School alumni. At École Seaforth Elementary School, our mission is to provide a happy, safe, supportive and challenging learning environment where our children learn to become compassionate citizens able to contribute in a global community. Requirements:
- a “respectable” grade point average
- 500 word essay exemplified qualities where students that have gone outside of the home or classroom to make a difference in the community and make this community a better place to live.
- teacher or a school/community official reference letter
- dates the student attended Seaforth.
1 at $500
EMAIL by May 28 2023.
Complete the package in order above (essay, reference, dates attended) and submit as one PDF by email to seaforth.PAC@burnabyschools.ca
Your Parent Advisory Council (PAC) offers eight awards of $750 each for graduating students. This award is given to students who can demonstrate a passion and a determination to succeed in their chosen career path, and who plan to pursue post-secondary education. A grade average of “C” is all that is required. It is easy to apply – simply write an essay of up 500 words telling us about yourself, your passions, and why you should get the award.
You must have attended Burnaby North for the last 12 months, are planning to attend a post-secondary institution by September and have maintained a minimum “C” average in grades 11 & 12.
8 @ $750 each
in PAPER or by EMAIL to Ms. Mihic in 205 or Student Services or Dragana.firstname.lastname@example.org by APRIL 14, 2023 by 3PM.
Access application below or in Student Services Please organize all documents and, if emailing, save as one PDF (click here to learn how) in the following order:
The Burnaby Retired Teachers’ Scholarship and Bursary Foundation is administered through a sub-committee of the Burnaby Retired Teachers’ Association. The funds for this bursary are held and managed by the Vancity Community Foundation. As a former educator, she wished to recognize a student who meets the following criteria:
1. The student should have been enrolled in a Burnaby school for his/her two senior years and maintained a high standard of achievement.
2. The student must intend to pursue an Education Degree at one of the following B.C. post-secondary institutions:
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Island University
- University of Northern British Columbia
The Bursary must be claimed within two years of receipt.
$3, 000 to a Burnaby North student
Friday, APRIL 28th before 3PM.
Please submit a 200-word essay describing your future goals, a resume, your transcript and submit to Ms. Mihic in Student Services or by email by the specified due date. If sending by email, please send a single pdf in the order above. Late submissions will not be accepted.
**** Note: You can send a single application for both the BRTA and BRTA Wynn Bursary (if the criteria apply) ****
Open to anyone currently enrolled as a full-time student in a 4-year program. Must:
- Currently, hold an acceptance letter or are enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited 2, 3, or 4-year College or University program in the United States, UK, Canada, Europe or Australia.
- Are involved in coursework directly related to or leading to a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, User Experience Design, User Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or another related field.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher if already enrolled in a program.
online by September 6, 2023. Winner to be announced on October 5, 2023.
Submit a 1,000 – 2,000-word essay on:
Is the Current Education System (In-Person College/University) the Future of Learning & Desirable Jobs?
Online application: https://forms.gle/6VUbWC9TZNQYXNDu6
Scholarships are funded by the dues of BCGEU members. You are eligible if you are related to a current, retired or deceased BCGEU (BC Government Service and Employees Union) member or staff; and are a student or prospective post-secondary or higher learning student enrolled, registered or planning to attend an eligible educational institution in 2023.
multiple @ $2,000 (full-time students) and $1,000 (part-time students)
online by midnight Sunday April 16, 2023.
In addition to applying online here, applicants must submit a short essay of 450 – 500 words in response to one of the following topics for their essay:
- Workplace health and safety is a core value of the labour movement. What role do unions play to ensure the health and safety of workers? How has health and safety in the workplace evolved?
- Describe a protest you have seen or taken part in and the positive ways it has changed your perspective, your life or your community.
- If you were a leader in a position of power, what steps would you take to implement the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People and who would you involve?
- How has the rising cost of inflation affected your community? Has it impacted your ability to seek a higher education? How? What part do unions play to address the rising cost of living?
- What challenges have you faced in your life that led you to seek higher education? What helped you on this journey? What other resources would support this goal?
More details @ https://www.bcgeu.ca/scholarships
Boom & Bucket is offering a scholarship of $1,000 to be awarded each year to a student pursuing a heavy machinery themed program. This scholarship is available to both currently enrolled students and future students who are planning to attend a program within the next 12 months. The program can be at a college or a trade school anywhere in the United States or Canada.
multiple @ $1000
online by 12:00PM central time on June 15th of each calendar year.
To apply, students must write a 500+ word essay or record a 2-minute video explaining who you are and what makes you excited about the heavy equipment space.
Winners will be chosen by July 15th. The winning scholarship will be paid directly to the school as a tuition payment.
Submit an application
The Grace Family Network Foundation scholarship fund awards deserving high school graduates in financial need. The awards are intended to encourage students who are pursuing a post-secondary education and who have demonstrated not only academic achievement but also interest in their communities.
Currently registered in Grade 12
Criteria: students with outstanding academic and leadership achievements demonstrating financial need
Evidence of enrolment or application to a post-secondary school in the 2023-2024 academic year
- essay component:
A one page essay on “Why is community involvement important to you?” (see application form for more details)
3 @ $500
Online by May 31, 2023.
More info at http://www.gfnf.org/
This award will support a student pursuing a career in Occupational Health and Safety through post-secondary studies with demonstrated genuine financial need.
- Applications will be accepted from students enrolling in a full-time, accredited Occupational Health and Safety program at college or university in BC (BCIT, UBC) for the 2023-2024 year
- Applications will be accepted from high school graduates and those furthering their education in health and safety graduate studies as outlined in the list of qualified programs
- Applicants will submit abstracts showing their academic results
- Applicants will submit an essay of 750 to 1,200 words explaining why workplace health and safety is important to them, and why they are pursuing this course of study
- Applicants will include information about their financial need in their application
- Applicants will be Canadian citizens or permanent residents residing in the province of B.C.
Online March 15, 2023.
Complete oonline application at https://safetyalliancebc.ca/julie-cole-bursary/
The Burnaby Association of Senior Exempt Employees (BASES) is pleased to be award The Chad Turpin Scholarship – One (1) scholarship in the amount of $2000 will be awarded to a student who:
- Maintained a good academic standing
- Is interested in pursuing a career in public administration, public policy or public service
- Demonstrates a need for financial assistance to pursue their education, for example, a student that must secure employment while attending school.
The recipient(s) will be required to provide proof of enrollment in a qualified program in order to receive their scholarship payment.
Note: One of the above scholarships will be awarded to a student who is pursuing academic education at a college or university and the other will be awarded to a student who is pursuing vocational training program at a designated post-secondary technical, trades or vocational institute.
1 Burnaby Students @ $2,000 each
To Ms. Mihic (paper or email) by 3pm on FRIDAY, MARCH 10th, 2023 BEFORE 3PM .
- a cover letter stating why you are a suitable candidate for this scholarship
- a copy of your Grade 11 and 12 transcript
- a reference letter(s) to support your volunteer experience
- a reference letter(s) to support your leadership in the community
Download or pick up a paper form and submit all forms, in order, to Student Services or email to Ms. Mihic (email@example.com) by due date. Refer to “Home” tab > “Creating and Combining PDF documents” if you need help combining PDFs.