The Burnaby Sports Hall of Fame was formed in 2001 to honour Burnaby’s past athletic excellence.
- A graduating Grade 12 student enrolled at a B.C. secondary school (public or private). Priority will be given to those attending school in Burnaby
- A resident of Burnaby for at least the past three years
- Future plans to attend a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis
- Show evidence of high athletic ability and performance
- Maintain minimum C+ average (copy of the most recent transcript must be included)
- Demonstrated leadership
- Be active in school and community
$1,000 scholarships to a male athlete and a female athlete from Burnaby.
BY MAIL by April 15, 2023
Completed applications should be mailed to:
Burnaby Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Office
2301-3713 Kensington Ave.
Complete and mail the following to the address below:
- Application (attached below and extra copies can be found in “Scholarship Application” Bin outside Student Services
- A cover letter summarizing your athletic achievements along with your postsecondary athletic/academic goals and plans must be included with your application.
- Letters of support referencing school, community or athletic participation will enhance your application
embeddoc url=”http://blogs.sd41.bc.ca/north-scholarships/files/2022/04/scholarship-app-2023-1-1.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google”]
The Friends of BC Rugby is a team of passionate rugby people who are trying to give back and grow our sport. One of their initiatives is a scholarship program in which a total of 10 scholarships valued at $ 2000 each will be awarded to talented young rugby student-athletes who are hoping to combine their journey in sport with education. Five scholarships will be awarded to male student-athletes and five scholarships will be awarded to female student-athletes. This opportunity is available to all graduating high school students.
10 x $2000
TBD but the sooner the better!
Dowload and complete attached form before sending to email@example.com.
Sikh Heritage BC’s Education project is an opportunity for teachers to create Sikh content for classrooms. In the past, this project was aimed towards educators in the K-12 system looking to incorporate Sikh Heritage in their classrooms. This year, we are expanding our project to include a set of five scholarships.
In keeping with our mandate, Sikh Heritage BC has established five $1,000 scholarships to provide funding for post-secondary to students residing in British Columbia at the time of the application. This scholarship is available to anyone that is attending a Post-Secondary Institute in September 2023. Various scholarships available to students of both Sikh and non-Sikh ancenstry.Preference, however, will be given to those that will be completing high school in June 2022.
due online by January 15, 2023. (sorry I’m late on this!)
Specific criteria vary. View and apply online: https://www.sikhheritagemonthbc.ca/scholarships
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in or what their capacity in that sport is.
online by Monday, June 19 2023.
Online with essay component (500-1000 words) on the following:
- How did your participation in sports during your high school years influence you?
- Has your participation influenced your career goals?
- Has your participation influenced how you relate to your family?