- Canadian Iranian Foundation is the administrator of the CIF’s Annual Scholarship.
- Applicants must have legal Canadian Status.
- Applicants must not be the past recipients of CIF’ scholarship.
- Applicants must become a member of the Canadian Iranian Foundation before the interview process.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Canadian Post Secondary institution.
- Applicants must provide “proof of Enrolment” letter from their post-secondary school.
- Applicants must be well-rounded and demonstrate a good standing in art, leadership, humanitarian work, sports, and academics.
- Applicants must have shown a great effort in trying to integrate into Canadian and Iranian society, by volunteering at least 20 hours of community services.
- Applicants must volunteer at least 20 hours at CIF’s events online or in person before receiving their scholarship cheques.
- Applicants must provide one signed letter of reference supporting extra-curricular and volunteering activities in a sealed envelope. Unsigned and open letters will not be accepted.
- Applicants must provide one signed letter of reference supporting academics in a sealed envelope. Unsigned and open letters will not be considered.
- Applicant must provide the names of two people who are providing him/her with the academic and community service letters of recommendation. These signed letters should be submitted with the application in a sealed envelope.
- Applicants should provide a head shot via e-mail.
email by June 15, 2023.
In 300 words or less, explain what sets you from otherapplicants?
- One signed and sealed academic reference letter
- One signed and sealed community service reference letter
- A 300 words essay
- completed application (below)
- Head shot via e-mail to email@example.com
- Information: 604-800-1977
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.cif-bc.com
- Membership form after being successful in the interview
The Sustainable Lifestyle Scholarship invites participants to create a video demonstrating their habits and behaviors that promote sustainability, reduce waste, and conserve natural resources. The video should include how they live a sustainable lifestyle, why it’s important, and what sort of social/environmental impact they’re creating. Herbaland will give a total of $5000, distributed to the top 3 applicants.
1st Place: $3,000 CAD
2nd Place: $2,000 CAD
3rd Place: $1,000 CAD
online June 30, 2020
Apply here: https://www.herbaland.ca/pages/sustainable-lifestyle-scholarship
Tell us about how you live a sustainable lifestyle, why it’s important, and what sort of social/environmental impact you’re creating. Please submit in either video format, or by filling out our google form
March 17th – Applications are open
June 30th – Applications are closed
July 15th – 10 Finalists Selected
July 25th – 3 Winners Announced
Refer to .pdf for specific information on the following scholarships:
- Dave Gifford Memorial – 2 @ $1500 (for male and female each) & BCSS Zone Scholarship 2 @ $750 each for male and female) – essay component
- Bert and Greta Quartermine Badminton Scholarship – Six (6) $1000 scholarships will be awarded to the most worthy candidates – minimum of Two (2) Males and Two (2) Females – essay component
- BC Dairy Association Scholarship – 4 @ $1000 each (2 females; 2 males) – essay component
- Subway Scholarship – Four (4) $1000 scholarships will be awarded to the most worthy candidates – (2 females; 2 males) – essay component
May 1st, 2023 by 4pm
Complete application(s) below, mail to email@example.com and ensure that all documents are scanned in ONE PDF document. Most scholarships have a essay component and may require a monination letter from the school. Plan to have all these documents completed and organized ahead of time.
Be sure to read over the criteria for the scholarships you apply to and the last two pages of the document below!
Open to anyone currently enrolled as a full-time student in a 4-year program. Must:
- Currently, hold an acceptance letter or are enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited 2, 3, or 4-year College or University program in the United States, UK, Canada, Europe or Australia.
- Are involved in coursework directly related to or leading to a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, User Experience Design, User Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or another related field.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher if already enrolled in a program.
online by September 6, 2023. Winner to be announced on October 5, 2023.
Submit a 1,000 – 2,000-word essay on:
Is the Current Education System (In-Person College/University) the Future of Learning & Desirable Jobs?
Online application: https://forms.gle/6VUbWC9TZNQYXNDu6
Scholarships are funded by the dues of BCGEU members. You are eligible if you are related to a current, retired or deceased BCGEU (BC Government Service and Employees Union) member or staff; and are a student or prospective post-secondary or higher learning student enrolled, registered or planning to attend an eligible educational institution in 2023.
multiple @ $2,000 (full-time students) and $1,000 (part-time students)
online by midnight Sunday April 16, 2023.
In addition to applying online here, applicants must submit a short essay of 450 – 500 words in response to one of the following topics for their essay:
- Workplace health and safety is a core value of the labour movement. What role do unions play to ensure the health and safety of workers? How has health and safety in the workplace evolved?
- Describe a protest you have seen or taken part in and the positive ways it has changed your perspective, your life or your community.
- If you were a leader in a position of power, what steps would you take to implement the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People and who would you involve?
- How has the rising cost of inflation affected your community? Has it impacted your ability to seek a higher education? How? What part do unions play to address the rising cost of living?
- What challenges have you faced in your life that led you to seek higher education? What helped you on this journey? What other resources would support this goal?
More details @ https://www.bcgeu.ca/scholarships
Scholarships are posted on the Italian Cultural Centre website and require at least one parent to be of Italian Heritage.
multiple @ $500
online by May 31, 2023.
Guidelines and applications found here: https://italianculturalcentre.ca/school/scholarships/
Looking for BC student leaders who are entering their first year of post secondary education, are in good academic standing and have made exceptional contributions in the following areas:
- School and community service, leadership
- Initiating community development
- Affecting positive change
- Mentoring others
- Personal development and growth
- Good academic performance
4 @ $2,500
Please submit your application by 5 PM MAY 1st, 2023 to (please note no electronic applications will be accepted):
Trevor Linden Community Spirit Scholarship
89 West Georgia
** Applications will only be accepted by mail. Emailed and faxed applications will not be accepted. **
Download and complete the components of the application. here https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/322298168/binary-file/file.pdf
Additional info at https://www.nhl.com/canucks/community/lindenscholarship
Recipients will be notified at the end of June.
The Grace Family Network Foundation scholarship fund awards deserving high school graduates in financial need. The awards are intended to encourage students who are pursuing a post-secondary education and who have demonstrated not only academic achievement but also interest in their communities.
Currently registered in Grade 12
Criteria: students with outstanding academic and leadership achievements demonstrating financial need
Evidence of enrolment or application to a post-secondary school in the 2023-2024 academic year
- essay component:
A one page essay on “Why is community involvement important to you?” (see application form for more details)
3 @ $500
Online by May 31, 2023.
More info at http://www.gfnf.org/
This award will support a student pursuing a career in Occupational Health and Safety through post-secondary studies with demonstrated genuine financial need.
- Applications will be accepted from students enrolling in a full-time, accredited Occupational Health and Safety program at college or university in BC (BCIT, UBC) for the 2023-2024 year
- Applications will be accepted from high school graduates and those furthering their education in health and safety graduate studies as outlined in the list of qualified programs
- Applicants will submit abstracts showing their academic results
- Applicants will submit an essay of 750 to 1,200 words explaining why workplace health and safety is important to them, and why they are pursuing this course of study
- Applicants will include information about their financial need in their application
- Applicants will be Canadian citizens or permanent residents residing in the province of B.C.
Online March 15, 2023.
Complete oonline application at https://safetyalliancebc.ca/julie-cole-bursary/
Save-On-Foods is proud to have partnered with UFCW Local 1518 to establish a Joint Diversity and Training Trust to support and maintain a respectful and positive working environment. Our goal is to work collaboratively to promote diversity awareness and build strong, healthy and mutually beneficial relationships within the diverse communities that we serve.
We help students who share this commitment by offering the Joint Diversity Scholarship. Up to ten $1,000 scholarships are available and will be awarded to applicants who have promoted diversity awareness and acceptance in their community and have not previously received the Joint Diversity Scholarship. This scholarship is available to students who are BC residents and are going to be pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited institution within the province of BC in the fall.
10 x $1,000
ONLINE by May 1st 2023
Go to https://saveonfoods.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/SaveonfoodsCareers/job/Joint-Diversity-Scholarship_R-00014004 to fill out the online application.