So much to be thankful for…

It’s hard to believe it’s Thanksgiving already.  I’m especially thankful that the library, with new safety protocols in place, is now open!  Students are visiting the library with their class once a week for story times, book exchanges and more.  Here is the current book exchange schedule:

Monday: Div 1, 2, 6

Tuesday: Div 3, 4, 5, 9

Wednesday: Div 13- 19

Thursday: Div. 7, 8, 20

During our storytimes we completed Peter Reynolds “creatrilogy” as we read “Ish” and “Sky Color”.  Classes also completed their response to our school wide read of “The Dot” with art and have created a gallery the whole school can enjoy.

Check our our gallery:

We also recognized Orange Shirt Day school wide with Project Heart and in the library:

Intermediate students have been learning how to use our Library Catalogue to find books and more.  There are Web Resources that students can access for school research or personal interest projects.  Students have also learned how to place books on hold and soon we will be adding student book reviews to the catalogue database.

As we begin the fall season, students have enjoyed one of my favourite books, “The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger.  There are beautiful paper collage illustrations throughout this wonderful book about fall and finding courage with the help of a friend.

For Thanskgiving, some classes read “Bear says Thanks” by Karma Wilson.  Students responded by sharing many things they are thankful for including family, friends, food, books and being at school.  During these pandemic times it can often be difficult to feel thankful, but the students reminded me of all the many things we can still be thankful for.  For me, having students in the library again and helping them finding the books they want has made me very thankful.  Their joy, curiousity and enthusiasm fill me up.

I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving!

Mrs. Araujo