September News from the Library:
Welcome back! I hope everyone had a wonderful summer and read some great books. I know I did!
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
• Our curriculum will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
• We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
• At each grade level, students will be learning information literacy skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
• The iPads will continue to be used for learning and exciting new projects!
• We have a lot of special events being planned: author visits, DEAR day, book fairs, Literacy Week, the home reading club, and more!
• If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We’d love to have you.
Sept 16- 20: The Scholastic Book Fair is back! Come and check out some great books before or after you visit with your child’s teacher that week. We really need parent volunteers. Please sign up in the hallway just outside the library doors or come and see me.
Sept. 23- Home Reading Club begins! Last year we read to the moon. Stay tuned for more details about our goal this year.
Oct. 28- D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything and Read) Day. Join us as we celebrate reading school wide.
Check out the library blog for more information and updates throughout the year. You can access it from the school website under the library tab or go to: http://goo.gl/PPPXu
Use your smartphone to find us too! (A great app for scanning QR codes is i-nigma)
Questions? Comments? Please come and see me in the library. I’m looking forward to an exciting year!
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Dr. Seuss I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!