The streets are lined with golden leaves and the air is crisp and clear. It must be November. Hard to believe that we’re well into the middle of term. Quite a few of our Learning Teams and workshop series have started up and I think I’ve visited almost every school site.
A short synopsis (especially if you’d like to join us or want more information):
- Classroom blogs and department blogs – a great way to communicate curricular information and happenings to a community
- Digital Portfolios with focus on Communicating Student Learning
- O365 sessions (beginner, OneDrive, Teams basic) continue to see popularity (more sessions coming)
- O365 & Makerspace Writing – this Joint Learning Team is in collaboration with Tanis Anderson and started
- ADST centers kits making their rounds – they’re out at Douglas Road now and headed to Clinton next. Entry points for all students and staff.
- Coding? Tynker (coding lessons launched > if you’re interested, email Amanda Coutts
- Coding? Micro:Bits (kits are ready and classroom support is available – email Amanda Coutts
- Coding? Minecraft for Education. Joint Learning Team in collaboration with Donna Morgan has started their journey merging Math & Minecraft.
- All the Right Type Online – this keyboarding program is part of secondary and elementary intermediate program. Email Michelle Mactavish for information on accounts.
- Digital Citizenship – ever on the forefront embedded in everything we do.
- SETBC Tier 2 Classroom Solutions – at Gilmore focused on strengthening communication and growth mindset
- Fast ForWord – supporting vulnerable readers. If you wish more information, email Janet.
- VR/AR opportunities (email us)
- iPads as creation tools – developing critical and creative thinking.
- ideas from you are always welcome – let’s chat!
- elementary intro training in MyEd reporting (happening now)