It is the middle of winter and the anticipated snow advisory came but not really. Over the weekend, EdCampBC – Core Competencies organized by Janice Novokowski and Carrie Antoniazzi moved online and this effort was not lost on the participants who attended. It really showed that there are significant positives as more people from all areas of the province and in the US were able to attend (teachers, students, and parents). The FETC online conference also showed a different way to organize learning. We can only imagine how wonderful our February District day will be this year.
As we coordinate more idevices entering our schools, perhaps this is a good time to do a little micro update on great apps. These are all free.
Stuff You Need:
Looking for a quick update on all things MS Teams? Here is a brief overview of all the latest updates and some features you may wish. MS Teams is constantly updated and we endeavour to make sense of how best to use the features.
Stuff Your Elementary Class Might Wish to Participate:
CALLING ALL ELEMENTARY CLASSES and GROUPS! Tell us a story about how you use educational technologies to dig deeper into curriculum. Click HERE for the flyer on how you can enter in this contest. And what would a contest be without prizes! All submissions due FRIDAY MARCH 5TH.
Stuff You Might Want:
Latest learning session workshops are open for registration. Hop over to the Staff Development Calendar.
Microsoft Learning Series: 2021 Edition:
*Each session is a separate registration. A bit like a “choose your own adventure” based on your needs, desires, what’s happening in life now? (All sessions are 3:30-4:30)
- Session A – Reviewing the Basics of Office365 (Tues. February 9th, 3:30-4:30)
- Session B – Block it to me: Minecraft (Tues. March 9th, 3:30-4:30)
- Session C – Exploring Learning Tools & Inclusive Practices in Office (Tues. April 13th, 3:30-4:30)
- Session D – OneNote as ePortfolio (Tues. May 11th, 3:30-4:30)
- Session E – Microsoft Teams: What’s New? (Tues. June 8th, 3:30-4:30)
- Canvas in the Classroom – Tues March 2 (3:30-4:30)
- Story Making Meets Digital Tools (2 sessions: Thurs. March 4; Tues. April 6 (3:30-4:30)
As always, we leave you with questions to ponder. How are you doing? What are you wishing to do that you’re not sure how to start?