This year we have quite a few new things to share, including our new home base at Canada Way Education Centre (tucked in between Canada Way and Woodsworth). Pop by and say hello in Room 3 > some of our workshops and teams will be held in the Presentation Room 8, while other sessions will be at school sites across the district.
We have a number of focus learning sessions in the Staff Development Calendar to check out (more to come):
- Develop a web presence using blogs, websites (save time, get shortcuts)
- Communicating student learning using digital portfolios and multiple tools (eg. green screen, powerpoint…)
- ADST centres kits (with core competencies)
- coding initiatives (Tynker (a whole program), Micro:Bits, Minecraft)
- Fast ForWord to support struggling readers
Stay tuned for more information (email if you’re interested):
- O365 (basics and using Teams)
- coding initiatives (Tynker, Micro:Bits, Minecraft)
- Using VR/AR to spark learning
- All the Right Type (keyboarding)
As well, we have some joint learning teams (Making and Writing using O365; Math and Minecraft; CSL – Writing, self-assessment and inclusion).
For those of you looking for support in addressing Digital Citizenship, please see the link in the top toolbar under CURRICULA or sidebar.
We’re SO excited we’re starting right away! Email if you have any questions or would like to jump-start ideas.