What Can I Do with Blogs?
- Communicate with students and parents. Post your curricular content, criteria for projects, newsletters. Post what’s happening in the class. Help parents understand the new curriculum and assessment practices.
- build digital footprint
- Generate dialogue within classes. Students have the opportunity to think, respond and be challenged in their thinking. Consider using it as a platform for journalism.
- Create enthusiasm for writing anytime anywhere
- Personal platform to engage in professional dialogue and personalized learning
Some Living Examples Out on the Web:
‘A picture is worth a thousand words’. The following are blog sites featuring a range of possibilities for integration of the literacies in curriculum.
- Ms Gourlay (Burnaby, primary)
- Ms Pasqualetto (Burnaby, K)
- Ms Deterra (Burnaby, intermediate)
- Mr Anchor (Burnaby, intermediate)
- Ms Beaton (Burnaby, Secondary Socials)
- Ms Araujo (Burnaby, Library)