What Can I Do with Blogs and Websites?
- Communicate/share your curricular content, criteria for projects, newsletters. Post what’s happening in the class. Help parents understand the curriculum and assessment practices.
- Communicate with students and parents.
- Build digital footprint, thus modeling it to students.
- Generate dialogue in classes. Students have the opportunity to think, respond and be challenged in their thinking. Consider using it as a platform for journalism.
- Create enthusiasm for sharing allowing for easy access any time, anywhere.
- Create a place to house links and resources.
Some Living Examples Out on the Web:
‘A picture is worth a thousand words’. The following are blog sites featuring a range of possibilities for integration of the literacies in curriculum.
- Ms Pasqualetto (Kindergarten)
- Ms Quin & Ms Davis (Kindergarten)
- Ms Gourlay (Primary)
- Ms Sokugawa (Primary)
- Ms Deterra (intermediate)
- Ms Carley (intermediate)
- Mr Anchor (intermediate)
- Ms Araujo (Library – elementary)
- Ms Williams (Library – secondary)