- Starting in Grade 10, begin a file containing reference letters, certificates, awards etc… If you can’t prove your involvement in a volunteer activity, then it will not be counted for the most prestigious awards
- Volunteer work refers to both in school (eg: committees, organizing events) and in the community (eg: volunteer work with children, seniors, sports teams)
- For some scholarships, volunteer work is just as important as academic achievement
- READ the application carefully!!! Each scholarship has unique requirements, deadlines and ways of handling the forms. It is very important that you do exactly what the instructions say and provide the documentation required. DO NOT miss deadlines!! Include a cover letter.
- Give teachers and other referees 2-3 weeks notice to write reference letters
- Keep your Moscrop Student Scholarship Profile up to date!