Service Awards are given to students at each grade level who have performed service to the school on their own time.
Some examples of things which would be considered service are:
- Working after school for a teacher
- Make-up or costume design for school plays
- Scorekeeping for games
- Assisting new students at lunch or after-school
- Monitoring a grade 8-10 homeroom during Collaboration Time
- Volunteering to help set up for evening school events
Those which DO NOT count as service, as the student receives direct benefit from these activities would be:
- Being a member of the school band
- Playing on a team
- Being part of the cast in the school play
Students can collect service hours from the start of the school year to the end of the school year.
Service Hour Sheets will be collected in the main office at the end of each month.
♦ NOTE: April to June Service Hours will be added to the September to December Service Hours of the next year
Service Hours Record Sheets can be picked up in Student Services.