Library Information

The mission of the school library program is to ensure that students become independent, lifelong learners through the effective use of ideas and information.

Take a tour of our library with these videos created by Division 1 in the Fall of 2015.

LIBRARY HOURS:

OPEN: Monday – Thursday  8:30 am – 2:00 pm, Friday 9 – 11:30 and at recess 1:45-2:00pm

CLOSED: Lunch 11:30-12:15

Book Exchange (Primary Classes and BCSD):

Every primary and BCSD class has a weekly time block in the library.  Please check with your child’s teacher or with me to confirm the day and time.

OPEN BOOK EXCHANGE:

Before school & at recess

M,T, W,Th: 9:00-9:30

Classroom teachers have library passes for their students to use at these times.  I strongly recommend that intermediate students use these periods to exchange books.  This is considered best practice because it promotes independent use of the library.  It also allows the teacher-librarian to make connections with students and help them make book selections on a one-to-one basis or in small groups.

Computer use

Students may use the library computers before and after school for school assignments.  Students must have returned their Acceptable Use Policy permission form to receive a login to the South Slope/ BCSD computer network.

Borrowing Policies:

South Slope Students:

4 books and 1 video/dvd for up to 2 weeks

1 magazine for 7 days

BCSD Students:

4 books and 2 videos/dvds (one must be ASL) for up to 2 weeks

1 magazine for 7 days

Overdues
There are no overdue charges for library books at South Slope/ BCSD . Students are expected to return overdues before checking out new materials.
Damaged or Lost Books
If a book is lost or damaged, students will be asked to pay the replacement cost of the book.
Library Monitors
Students in grades 5, 6 and 7 are able to help out in the library doing a variety of tasks including shelving books and checking in books under the librarian’s supervision.
Thank you to the South Slope/ BCSD community for your ongoing support of our library program!
Mrs. Araujo

2 responses to “Library Information

1. I found your schedule list hard to read. for parents I would put it in a table format as itis quicker and easier to read

• Thanks for your feedback. The blog is always a work in progress and I’ll be working this summer to see if I can make it more user friendly for kids, parents and staff.