The YRCA books for 2021 will be available in Octocber/November to all students in grades 4-7. There are some fantastic books this year. See how many you can read!
Who can vote? – Anyone in grades four through seven who has read at least two titles from the list.
When do we vote? – Mrs. Araujo will collect votes this year through Teams this year. Check your assignments and complete the ballot from April 13th.
Where do we vote? – Mrs. Araujo will provide the ballots online.
When are the winners announced? – To be decided.
Here are the titles for YRCA 2020:
Junior Division (Grades 4-6)
Sweep: The Story of a Girl and her Monster by Jonathan Auxier (CDN)
The Serpent’s Secret by Sayantani DasGupta
Granted by John David Anderson
Small Spaces by Katherine Arden
Arlo Finch in the Valley of Fire
Wings of Fire. The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland ; adapted by Barry Deutsch and Rachel Swirsky (Graphic Novel)
Positively Izzy by Terri Libenson
Inkling by Kenneth Oppel (CDN)
Intermediate Division (Grades 7-9)
- Impostors by Scott Westerfeld
- The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle by Leslie Connor
- No Fixed Address by Susin Nielsen-Fernlund (CDN)
- TBH: This is SO Awkward by Lisa Greenwald
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
- Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
Click here to access the YRCA books at our library as well as reviews and book trailers.
For more Info about YRCA click here.
Have you read any of these titles? Post your reviews and comments here. Which book do YOU think should win and why?