The YRCA books for 2020 will be available in Octocber/November to all students in grades 4-7. There are some fantastic books this year. See how many you can read!
Who can vote? – Anyone in grades four through seven who has read (or has heard read) at least two titles from the list.
When do we vote? – Mrs. Araujo will collect votes this year through Teams this year. Check your assignments and complete the ballot from April 13th.
Where do we vote? – Mrs. Araujo will provide the ballots online.
When are the winners announced? – To be decided.
Here are the titles for YRCA 2020:
Junior Division (Grades 4-6)
- The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
- Refugee by Alan Gratz
- Restart by Gordon Korman
- The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya
- The Pants Project by Cat Clarke
- The Wizards of Once by Cressida Cowell
- The Tiny Hero of Ferny Creek Library by Linda Bailey
- Wishtree by Katherine Applegate
Intermediate Division (Grades 7-9)
- Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (not available at our library)
- Exo by Fonda Lee
- Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin (not available at our library)
- Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali (not available at our library)
- Stranger Than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer (not available at our library)
- The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe (not available at our library)
Click here to watch some book trailers.
For more Info about YRCA click here.
Have you read any of these titles? Post your reviews and comments here. Which book do YOU think should win and why?