Next week the Scholastic Book Fair will be back in the library.
Dates: Monday, September 21 – Thursday September 24
Times: Open at Lunch, Recess and After School. We will also be open during parent-teacher interviews on Tuesday and Thursday.
Check the notices sent home and posters around the school for more details.
At least 50% of all sales will go towards resources for your school library. Parent volunteers are needed! Please sign up just out side the library or speak to Mrs. Araujo for more details.
Hope to see you there!
Welcome back to another exciting school year! I hope you all had a wonderful summer and read some great books. Here is some of the reading I did:
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
• Our curriculum will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
• We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
• At each grade level, students will be learning information literacy skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
• The iPads will continue to be used for learning and exciting new projects! We have 24 iPads for students to use.
• We have a lot of special events being planned: author visits, DEAR day, book fairs, Literacy Week, the home reading club, and more!
• If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We’d love to have you.
Scholastic Book Fair: Monday, September 21st until thursday, September 24th. Parent volunteers are needed. Please see me in the library or look for the sign up sheet on the library bulletin board soon.
Reading Club: Our reading club begins again on September 28th. Notices will go home the week prior. I encourage all families to make reading for pleasure a part of your day, every day.
Check out the library blog for more information and updates throughout the year. You can access it from the school website under the library tab or go to: http://goo.gl/PPPXu
Use your smartphone to find us too! (A great app for scanning QR codes is i-nigma)
Questions? Comments? Please come and see me in the library. I’m looking forward to an exciting year!
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Dr. Seuss I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
The book fair is back and will be open all week until Thursday in the library. Classes will be visiting the fair during the school day with their teachers. Come and visit at lunch, recess and after school. We’ll be open during student-led conferences, too. Hope to see you there!
Parents volunteers are still needed to help make our book fair a success. Please sign up outside the library or come and see Mrs. Araujo in the library.
It was a busy week in the library. We had our Scholastic Book Fair all week. I hope you had a chance to visit and find a great new read. Thank you to all the parent and staff volunteers who helped make it a success.
We also had student led conferences on Wednesday and Thursday. Many students came to the library to show their families our school iPads. They shared imovies, ebooks, Haiku Deck poems and more!
Hope everyone is having a great long weekend. Just thinking about my favourite read alouds from last week.
The first one was If not for the cat by Jack Pretlusky. The clever book of haiku poetry provided many classes with riddles to solve and syllables to clap.
Next was another hilarious book from Jan Thomas, The Easter Bunny’s Assistant. Skunk’s “exciting” antics made everyone giggle- a lot!
See everyone on Tuesday when the book fair opens in the library!