Student must be planning to study science, technology, engineering, or mathematics at one of the 20 Canadian partner universities next September and possess two of the following: (i) outstanding community, and/or entrepreneurial leadership, (ii) academic excellence, and alternatively,(iii) financial need. Not for students planning a career as a medical practitioner or researcher – this scholarship is geared towards the entrepreneurially-minded student. Note: the school can select only ONE nominee.
Up to 100 awards. Roughly half the awards are valued @ $120,000 for engineering scholarships and the other half is $80,000 for science and math scholarships.
In order to be considered for the school’s nomination, you must complete and submit requirements outlined in the “Procedure” section below by Friday, January 12th, 2024. to Ms. Mihic in Student Services or by email at email@example.com.
Please make sure all documents are in the following order. If emailing, combine all documents into a single .pdf rather than in multiple documents.
- An updated resume.
- 50-words each describing your top 3 achievements (academic or other).
- A 600-word essay demonstrating why you should win.
- A 250-word optional essay to discuss any additional information, including extenuating circumstances.
- A 50-word short answer describing where you see yourself 10 years from now
- Two letters of support from references (at least one academic). THESE CAN EMAILED TO Ms. Mihic DIRECTLY FROM THE REFEREE.
- Current transcript that include your Term 1 marks.
- As well, make sure you have your Student Profile completed. Your package will not be considered if one is not filled out. You can access it here: https://forms.office.com/r/khASTg7Rau
The successful nominee will be notified by the school in mid- to late- January.
Note: if selected, there will be time for the nominee to “tidy up” all supporting documents before formal submission by February 20th.