The Music Parent Council will be awarding 3 scholarships of $500 each to current graduating students at Burnaby North. These scholarships are for students who have a true passion for music and have been a contributing member of the music program at North. We are looking for students who have demonstrated leadership in the music department and have been active in the school and community.
3 x $500
Print or email by Friday, April 28, 2023
To apply for this MPC Scholarship, you will need to complete a short essay (250 words or less) describing how music has impacted your time here at North. Things to reflect on:
- Your experiences, passion, and involvement in the music department at North
- How music has been a part of your high school experience
- How this scholarship will help you achieve these goals
Please submit your essay to Ms. Mihic in 205 or Student Services or by email to email@example.com
This Scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post secondary institution.
There is no age restriction
- Be sure to include your name and the school you are attending this year and next
- This is not an academic scholarship but we would like to know where you are going to school now and what your future academic plans are.Please do not send transcripts or letters of recommendation at this time.
1 x $1,000
by email May 21, 2023.
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay of less than 1000 words on the topic below:
Describe the three characteristics of leadership you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are so important and how you feel that they are developed in an individual.
Your submissions must be sent to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The scholarship is awarded to a past student of Parkcrest Children’s Centre who is a well-rounded student who, while maintaining a good academic standing, has participated in school and community activities.
To be considered for the award the student must have:
- proof of attendance at Parkcrest Childcare Society (Parkcrest Children’s Centre) for a period of at least one year
- been enrolled in a Burnaby school for the two (2) senior years
- provided evidence of volunteer or work experience, including letters of reference attesting to the student’s work ethic
- been actively involved in community service and/or volunteer work
- demonstrated good citizenship and leadership skills
- maintained a good academic standing
Note: The scholarship monies will be paid to the recipient upon proof of registration in a post secondary institution. The recipient must be registered in a post secondary institution within 18 months of their secondary school graduation or the award will expire.
FUNDS are to be determined to one Burnaby Student who meets the above criteria. Must provide proof of supporting documents and other pertinent information. This is scholarship hasn’t been confirmed so apply at your own risk!
3pm Friday, April 21, 2023
Download or pick up a paper form and submit all forms, in order, to Student Services or email to Ms. Mihic by due date. Refer to “Home” tab > “Creating and Combining PDF documents” if you need help combining PDFs.
Scholarship monies to be awarded to a graduating international student(s) going on to post-secondary either in
Canada or abroad. This student should be an individual who well represents international students and has been successful in their studies.
2 @ $500
To Ms Mihic in Student Services or by email (dragana,email@example.com) by Friday, April 28, 2023.
- Testimonial highlighting their experience in Burnaby including criteria that includes academic, citizenship and volunteering in the school/community. (200 words total)
If selected, you will need to complete a brief questionnaire and we would also greatly appreciate receiving a photo of the student at graduation accepting their International Award.
This Scholarship is for a Burnaby School District BIPOC student that is interested in pursuing Industry Training or a Post-Secondary program.
$500 for 1 Burnaby student
to Ms Mihic by email or paper by Monday, April 10 by 3PM (THIS IS LESS THAN A WEEK!)
Submit your application to Ms. Mihic as a SINGLE PDF or package and attach the following documents in the order listed:
- cover letter stating why you are a suitable candidate.
- application form (or a computer-generated replica allowing you more space to respond)
- resume – these awards emphasize service to the school and community so focus on these areas in your resume.
- copy of both your grade 11 & 12 transcripts .
- MINIMUM of one reference letters that support your community and school service. This is a crucial part of your application and MUST be included. If you state volunteer activities in your application, make every effort to include some documentation in the form of a letter, certificate, etc. signed by adult supervisor to provide evidence of your involvement as well as the duration of your involvement.
Your Parent Advisory Council (PAC) offers eight awards of $750 each for graduating students. This award is given to students who can demonstrate a passion and a determination to succeed in their chosen career path, and who plan to pursue post-secondary education. A grade average of “C” is all that is required. It is easy to apply – simply write an essay of up 500 words telling us about yourself, your passions, and why you should get the award.
You must have attended Burnaby North for the last 12 months, are planning to attend a post-secondary institution by September and have maintained a minimum “C” average in grades 11 & 12.
8 @ $750 each
in PAPER or by EMAIL to Ms. Mihic in 205 or Student Services or Dragana.firstname.lastname@example.org by APRIL 14, 2023 by 3PM.
Access application below or in Student Services Please organize all documents and, if emailing, save as one PDF (click here to learn how) in the following order:
The Burnaby Retired Teachers’ Scholarship and Bursary Foundation is administered through a sub-committee of the Burnaby Retired Teachers’ Association. The funds for this bursary are held and managed by the Vancity Community Foundation. As a former educator, she wished to recognize a student who meets the following criteria:
1. The student should have been enrolled in a Burnaby school for his/her two senior years and maintained a high standard of achievement.
2. The student must intend to pursue an Education Degree at one of the following B.C. post-secondary institutions:
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Island University
- University of Northern British Columbia
The Bursary must be claimed within two years of receipt.
$3, 000 to a Burnaby North student
Friday, APRIL 28th before 3PM.
Please submit a 200-word essay describing your future goals, a resume, your transcript and submit to Ms. Mihic in Student Services or by email by the specified due date. If sending by email, please send a single pdf in the order above. Late submissions will not be accepted.
**** Note: You can send a single application for both the BRTA and BRTA Wynn Bursary (if the criteria apply) ****
The Burnaby Retired Teachers’ Scholarship and Bursary Foundation is administered through a sub-committee of the Burnaby Retired Teachers’ Association. As former educators, we wish to recognize a well-rounded student who meets the following criteria:
1. The student has been enrolled in a Burnaby school for his/her two senior years and has maintained a good standard of achievement.
2. The student intends to register at a post-secondary institution and has financial need.
ADDITIONAL FACTORS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Been actively involved in community service and/or volunteer work: tutoring, peer counselling, church, clubs, recreation, etc.
- Been actively involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, leadership, government, dance, music, athletics, debating, etc.
- Demonstrated special skills, hobbies, interests, and/or training.
- Demonstrated responsibility.
$1, 000 to a Burnaby North student
FRIDAY, APRIL 28TH before 3PM.
Please submit a 200-word essay describing your future goals, a resume, AND your transcript to Ms. Mihic in Student Services or by email by the specified due date. If sending by email, please send a single pdf in the order above. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Refer to .pdf for specific information on the following scholarships:
- Dave Gifford Memorial – 2 @ $1500 (for male and female each) & BCSS Zone Scholarship 2 @ $750 each for male and female) – essay component
- Bert and Greta Quartermine Badminton Scholarship – Six (6) $1000 scholarships will be awarded to the most worthy candidates – minimum of Two (2) Males and Two (2) Females – essay component
- BC Dairy Association Scholarship – 4 @ $1000 each (2 females; 2 males) – essay component
- Subway Scholarship – Four (4) $1000 scholarships will be awarded to the most worthy candidates – (2 females; 2 males) – essay component
May 1st, 2023 by 4pm
Complete application(s) below, mail to email@example.com and ensure that all documents are scanned in ONE PDF document. Most scholarships have a essay component and may require a monination letter from the school. Plan to have all these documents completed and organized ahead of time.
Be sure to read over the criteria for the scholarships you apply to and the last two pages of the document below!
Open to anyone currently enrolled as a full-time student in a 4-year program. Must:
- Currently, hold an acceptance letter or are enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited 2, 3, or 4-year College or University program in the United States, UK, Canada, Europe or Australia.
- Are involved in coursework directly related to or leading to a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, User Experience Design, User Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or another related field.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher if already enrolled in a program.
online by September 6, 2023. Winner to be announced on October 5, 2023.
Submit a 1,000 – 2,000-word essay on:
Is the Current Education System (In-Person College/University) the Future of Learning & Desirable Jobs?
Online application: https://forms.gle/6VUbWC9TZNQYXNDu6