Laptop Cart 3!

It is here and Ready(ish) to go!  It will have a printer just like the other two carts, however it’s been ordered but not arrived yet.  So please keep this in mind when you book this cart for the time being. The model of Laptop is newer than the other two carts; the power cords are a bit different, but same rules still apply.  Please make sure the laptops are COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN (Black screen, not Blue!) before they get put in their proper slot and plugged into using the cord on their left.  These models have 2 batteries (Yippie!): a built-in internal battery, and the usual external one- so hopefully they last a bit longer than the other ones!

I’ve start an “Add On” section on the Technology Sign Out sheet as well.  We are hoping to be able to provide more and more tech to help you in your classroom endeavours. Things like cords to present from iPads and such we have currently… and possibly more in the future.  I’ll try to check the Add-Ons each morning to see if anything comes up and help you with the best I can with the inventory I have.  

I’ve also started getting departments to do an Inventory of all their technology, so we have a record of it in the school.  These are devices that were given to teachers from their department to help facilitate their practices in the classroom; OR, devices you’ve raised funds for to have purchased for you, solely for school. (Ie: Laptops, Tablets, iPads, Apple TVs, docking stations, etc etc).  The latter, we obviously just want a record of it in the building, so if something ever happened to it (lost, stolen, fire, etc etc) we would have record of it.  The former, to see if there are devices “dormant” in departments that are never used that could be put to better use somewhere else… so we don’t purchase unnecessary devices and can better utilize the little funds we do have for future purchases!