Why should you be a Book Blitzer?
- Book sharing with a partner is practices skills you need for…
- School coursework
- Speaking in public (you only talk to one person at a time)
- Being a good listener
- Meeting new people
- Finding out about new books you might want to read
- Building school community
- Core Competency Chats
- CLC Interviews
- It’s fun!!!
- Books are awesome!
- You get to eat in the Library!
- There might be prizes!
- Books are awesome!
So what happens at Speed Book Blitz?
How to Register
- Get a sign-up form from the Library or your English teacher (red for students, lavender for staff) and fill it out.
- You can choose any book you want to talk about, but it’s best to choose one you like (or really, really hate) so you’ll have lots to say.
- Return the form to the bucket on the counter in the Library OR to Ms Cowley in room 17.
- Wait excitedly for event day!
How to Prepare
- Think about what you’d like to say about your book…or not.
- Some people are planners, but some like to just ‘wing it’ when they get here. Do what works for you.
- If you told us you are bringing your own copy of the book, remember to bring it to school on event day.
- Come to the Library (with your lunch) as soon as the lunch bell rings.
How to Book Blitz
- When you arrive in the Library, place your bag and coat on a table and find your designated seat (your name and book will be placed there).
- Chairs will be arranged in two circles facing each other. Your partner will sit facing you.
- Eat your lunch while waiting for everyone else to arrive.
- During your “book blitz” you can say what the book is about, why your partner should read it, and/or what you loved (or hated?) about it.
- Listen to what your partner says about their book. If it sounds good, write down the title or take a picture of the cover. Most books are available in our library and we have a list of who presented what.
- One of the circles will rotate so everyone meets a new partner.
- Share again.
- Repeat 5-7 times.
One of the Teacher-Librarians will go over these instructions again so relax and enjoy.
Thank you for supporting this annual event!
Note: The library will be closed to all other patrons during lunch.