I wished I could have said goodbye to everyone of you at the school but in these times, it was not possible. Enjoy the summer and take care. I am off to Marlborough and also want to thank you all for supporting the Library!
Have you ever tried to wash an animal? Sometimes, we think it is as easy as making pizza! Well this weeks’s story is about how washing an animal is actually very tricky and requires good planning and easy to follow steps especially if you have one that does not like water.
- Imagine trying to give a hamster a bath? What would that look like? What are all the steps? Could someone like Mrs. G follow your instructions.
- This week, pick an animal that you could care for and draw it and write down all the possible steps to giving it a clean wash.
Mrs. Giacomazza and her daughters used to have to wash their guinea pig Coco. Well Coco never liked the bathtub so we had to work together and find creative ways to get her clean. Lets just say, we didn’t realize how sharp her claws could be! Ouch!
Mrs. G. also had the opportunity to wash an elephant where I learned that you have to be very careful!
Virtual Library Read Aloud Week of May 25th
- Ms. Ramirez – Tuesday (10:00 am)
- Mme. Chin – Tuesday (10:30 am)
- Mme. Reynolds – Tuesday (11:30 am on Zoom)
- Mme. Wong – Wednesday (10:30 am)
- Ms. Beatovic – Wednesday (11:00 am)
- Mme. Trahan – Thursday (1:30 pm)
- Mrs. Bech/Mrs. Mauro – TBA
Mrs. Giacomazza will be reading “Monsters Love Underpants” this week. Students can create a puppet or draw something similar to show Mrs. Giacomazza during the read-aloud? You can also send me a picture later which I can also share with Mrs. G. Students may also download the following: underpantscoloringpage2
I used this program to reduce an 800 MB video down to 215 MB and chose MP4 format which works well on the web.
- Launch Editor from PC or Laptop
- Start a new project
In the Project Library panel, click + to add the video you took from your iPad.
Click on finish video and select the desired size. I selected medium which is big enough for one to view online. Then click export.
Are your bangs covering your eyes? Are your curls getting out of control? Well, it sounds like it may be time for a hair cut? I was told that Mr. Chow has one of his kids trim his hair…yikes! Join Mrs. G’s read aloud and find out what happens to Mr. C’s hair.
Who would you like to cut your hair, how, and why? If you’ve recently had a hair cut, I would love to hear about your experiences in our virtual read alouds. Please be on time and remember to mute your mics during the story.
April 28th week’s schedule:
- Ms. Ramirez – Tuesday April 28th (10:00 am)
- Mme. Reynolds – Tuesday April 28th (11:00 am)
- Mme. Trahan – Tuesday, April 28th (1:00 pm)
- Mrs. Bech/Mrs. Mauro – Tuesday April 28 (1:30 pm)
- Ms. Beatovic – Wednesday April 29 (9:30 am)
- Mme. Chin – Wednesday April 29 (10:00 am)
- Ms. Sirsiris – Wednesday April 29 (11:30 am)
- Mme. Wong – Thursday April 30 (10:00 am)
Click on the image to get to Ecosystems and Land forms.