Inman Library Learning Commons
- place where our students develop reading, writing, listening, speaking, informational, and digital literacy skills.
- facilitate students’ grow as individuals by fostering a love of reading and learning
- facilitate learning common spaces where students engage in activities to increase literacy skills and develop a life-long love of reading and learning.
- develop critical thinking, technology, and literacy skills to ask good questions and investigate the answers.
- facilitate making learning visible.
In order to facility this goal of moving towards a flexible schedule to support inquiry learning, students are encouraged to use book exchange times to refresh their reading.
- Students from Grade 3 – 7 can return their books during book exchange.
- Monday – Friday after recess and after lunch (unless closed due to unforeseen circumstances).
- “Book Blitzes” for Divisions 1-5 are scheduled on the following dates:
- Friday October 13, November 3, November 24, December 8. When students are finished a book, they are encouraged to get a new one during book exchange. Allowing students to take a new book promotes increased reading instead of having to wait until the next library time.
PRIMARY – Schedule BOOK EXCHANGE
Mondays – Divisions 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Tuesdays – Divisions 6, 7, 10, 11
Fridays – Divisions 8, 9, 12.
Please review care of library books with your child. Book bags need to be used for students to continue to take books out of the library.