Hi Burnaby South!
Now that you've had your Course Selection Presentations, and you've begun entering your courses through your MyEd Student Portal, here is the Leadership Application which will be due on February 10th to Student Services.
Please download this Application FIRST & save it to your computer.
Then reopen it and begin typing in your responses (don't forget so save!).
Then print it and have your teachers complete their portions and hand it in to Student Services.
If you have any questions please come by Student Services and see any of the Counsellors
Leadership Application Form (2023) - FILLABLE
Hi Burnaby South!
MICHAEL J FOX IS NOW HIRING USHERS
- Acting as an ambassador of the Michael J Fox Theatre and making a great first and last impression with every client, patron and visitor the Theatre.
- Greeting patrons and visitors in a clear and polite manner.
- Checking and tearing tickets and escorting patrons to their assigned seating.
- Regulating flow of patrons and guests in and out of the theatre.
- Responding to patron and guest inquiries regarding events and amenities.
- Monitoring auditorium and lobby to ensure Theatre policies and etiquette are enforced.
- Watching for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reporting to management.
- Exhibiting the ability to engage with multiple patrons and guests, prioritizing interactions and providing outstanding service.
- Maintaining order and preventing panic in a crisis.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned by management.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Must be Grade 10 – 12 (15 years of age or older) and legal to work in Canada.
- Must be available to work a variable schedule, including weekdays after 3:30pm, weekends, and shifts from morning through late night with regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with patrons of all ages, genders, and personalities, fellow Front of House team members, and management, to provide exceptional guest service
- Ability to work with noise levels that may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Position will require frequent standing, bending/kneeling, lifting and carrying.
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English. Second language is an asset.
- Interest in the visual and performing arts an asset.
How to Apply:
- Send your resume and cover letter by, Friday December 2nd, 2022, to Mrs. Longridge via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Usher” in the subject line or submit paper copies of your resume and cover letter at the school office
This year's in-person event will be held on Saturday November 5, 2022 from 11am to 3pm.
If you are thinking of pursuing a post-secondary education in art or design, you will likely have to include a portfolio of your work, as part of your application. The National Portfolio Day events provide students with a unique opportunity to meet one on one with professional representatives. These reps are there for you to ask questions about their programs, and most importantly, get feedback on how to improve your portfolio so it will be a successful part of your application.
For further information, please see the website: https://www.kpu.ca/2022NationalPortfolioDay
Hi Burnaby South!
SFU: Beedie School of Business will be coming to Burnaby South THIS Monday, October 17th at LUNCH.
If you are interested in applying to SFU: Beedie School of Business, please come right at the beginning of LUNCH for the presentation in the Multi-Purpose Room (yes you can bring your lunch 😊)
Hey Burnaby South!!
Are you interested in Challenging a Language that you are already fluent in?
NOTE: In-Person exams for Language Challenge on January 28th and January 29th in Delta School District.
LANGUAGE COURSES OFFERED TO CHALLENGE (Note: NO other Languages are available to challenge)
- French 11 or 12
- Japanese 11 or 12
- Korean 11 or 12
- Mandarin 11 or 12 (Traditional & Simplified)
- Punjabi 11 or 12
- Spanish 11 or 12
If you would like to complete a Language Challenge Exam, you MUST complete the following:
- Download the Language Challenge Exam Application Package (2022-23) and fill it out COMPLETELY
- You MUST complete page 9 online before you print out the Application and bring it to me
- Any Applications which have been completed in pen will be returned to you to redo - this must all be typed out
- Attach a cheque for $50 (which will be refunded once you complete the Challenge exam) made out to: Delta School District --> Please NO Bank Drafts or Cash
- You must also print your Full Name, School and Course you are challenging on the back of the cheque
- FYI….If you fail to show up to your exam, then your $50 deposit will NOT be refunded
- Note: all International Students need to submit $195 as a non-refundable fee for exams (which means you will NOT get your money back)
- Attach a recent, original photo of you (can be passport type or school photo)
- It MUST be an actual picture picture (NO photocopies, scans, etc..)
- if you do not have an actual physical picture, then go get a Passport photo done and bring one of those
- You can go to Crystal Mall, Metrotown, London Drugs...
- It CANNOT be a photocopy of a picture
- It CANNOT include anybody else in the picture (ie; friends, family, pets)
- Submit the COMPLETED Application Package to Ms. Fenn (in Student Services, room C118) no later than Monday, October 17th
- Exam dates are either: January 28th or 29th 2023 – in DELTA SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Confirmation emails will be sent out by December 16, 2022. If you have not received an email confirmation letter by mid-December please contact us by email email@example.com or 604-940-5550
♦ NOTE: All universities in Canada accept our Language Challenge exam marks. UBC accepts Challenge credits for pre-requisite and requirements for courses and second-language requirements but does not accept Challenge marks as part of the GPA calculation for admission. It is highly recommended that you check with your intended university for their admissions requirements.
Any questions??? Please send me an email.
Hi Burnaby South Grads!!
If you didn’t get the opportunity to come out and see our Grade 12 Parent Information Evening on Thursday, September 22nd at 6pm, or you missed the presentation in your English 12 Classes, here it the Presentation
Graduation Presentation (June 2023)
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate contacting your child’s Counsellor
If you did not receive the Handouts from the Presentations, please come to Student Services and pick one up.
Hi Burnaby South!!
Here is the Leadership Application Form (2022) - FILLABLE that is FILLABLE - that means that you SAVE the PDF to your computer FIRST and then start to type into it.
One you have finished filling everything in to the Application, please print it out, and have your 3 teachers fill out their portions of the reference areas.
Completed Leadership Applications are DUE on February 25th to Student Services - you will see a BOX labelled "Leadership Applications"
For more information about what each of our Departments offer, please see the Burnaby South Open House Page - https://south.burnabyschools.ca/openhouse/
If you have disabled or locked yourself out of your MyEd Student Portal, please send an email to: South.Info@burnabyschools.ca
If you have any questions, please come and see me!
Hi Burnaby South!
Please see the schedule below for your Course Selection Presentations happening on Monday & Tuesday
CURRENT GRADE 11 STUDENTS
Course Selection Presentation – Monday, January 24th at 12:35pm through your Microsoft Teams Account.
- Grade 11s, please remember to research any Post-Secondary Admission Requirements NOW so that you can meet all their pre-requisites (each College/University have their own specific requirements)
CURRENT GRADE 10 STUDENTS
Course Selection Presentation – Monday, January 24th at 9:30am through your Microsoft Teams Account.
- Grade 10s, please remember to research any Post-Secondary Admission Requirements NOW so that you can meet all their pre-requisites (each College/University have their own specific requirements)
CURRENT GRADE 9 STUDENTS
Course Selection Presentation – Tuesday, January 25th at 10:45am through your Microsoft Teams Account.
CURRENT GRADE 8 STUDENTS
Course Selection Presentation – Tuesday, January 25th at 9:30am through your Microsoft Teams Account.
Hi Grade 12's
Here is the Graduation Presentation which was given at the beginning of October during CLC 12 (Collaboration/Flex time).
Graduation Presentation (June 2022)
Please remember to do your Student Transcript Service (STS) for ALL University/Colleges that you apply to!