Welcome back to school! Many children often give a one word answer to the common question, “How was school today?” Try some alternative questions to help your child share more information about their day:
- What was your favourite/least favourite part of today?
- Tell me something that was exciting/scary/funny/gross/cool.
- Who did you help today? How were you helped today?
- When were you happiest today?
- Where did you play and who did you play with at recess today?
- Tell me the most interesting thing you learned about.
- What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Some children will also use a home/school communication book to help them share important information about their day. Please click here for examples. Please see the About page for the name of the speech-language pathologist for your child’s school.