Welcome back to another year of exciting things to discover. While I love the summer as a time for rejuvenation and wanderings of a different pace, September always brings a crispness in the air and a sense of quiet anticipation.
We’re launching some things that are a little different this year, which will make life easier (streamlining a process) and let your ‘fingers do the walking’. We are extremely pleased and head-over-heels excited to show you our new Staff Development Calendar (https://10.155.6.59/staffdevelopmentcalendar/) for all district registration of workshops, learning series and events, and anything else that needs registering. (This site replaces our district’s Professional Development handbook. )
Have you ever forgotten to register for that fabulous workshop and then called only to find it full? Or went through registration via voice mail or email and hoped you did it all right? Or have you hunted high and low for that elusive handbook that 10 other people wanted too? Our new online SD Calendar makes all these frustrating time-wasters a thing of the past!
Registration is a breeze as well as flexible – anytime, anywhere you have internet connection. Link directly to your session presenters and get detailed information! Print out your schedule. Get last minute updates immediately – Wow! And like all blogging platforms, we’ve made it so you can search by categories, tags or dates.
The days of waiting for confirmation phone calls are over. An added bonus in the e-environment – we’ll be saving quite a few trees. Stay tuned for more information in September or click the link above and get a head start on your plans.
Important Events Coming Up
- Thurs. September 30 – All Participants Launch Session (Byrne Creek – Centre for Dialogue) (3:45-6:00pm). Agenda: New information, new processes, conversations/ideas with your colleagues, assessment (streamlined, connected, faster). Please ensure that there is representation from teachers and administrators. Register here.
- Tues. October 5 – ARC-BC Training for Kurzweil (Schou-TLC; 3:30-5:30pm): For those who need access to the e-resources at ARC-BC. This is a one time session. At the end of the session all participants will register to access the database through their sd41 account. If time permits, the lab will be open for anyone who would like some extra time/support with Kurzweil. Register here.
- Monday November 8 – Interventions Learning Day with Scientific Learning (Schou-TLC; 9:00-3:00): Tom Chapin is back with us from Arkansas for a day set to learn, laugh, and extend our repertoire on “interventions”. Register here.
- Tues February 15, 2011 (SCHOU – TLC; 3:30-5:30pm): Interventions – Connecting the Dots Get a deeper sense of the interventions used in Fast ForWord. Help us develop and refine interventions that work for everyone. We will also be diving into the secrets of making Progress Tracker your friend. Great one for inviting your classroom teachers. Register here.
- Thurs. April 7, 2011 – All Participants Meeting (Schou-Assembly Rm; 3:45-6:00):
Agenda – Sharing and growing together; survey information, what’s next… Register here.