What a great launch on September 30th at Byrne Creek. Thanks to all of you who made it after a long day of work. Discussion ranged from review of student selection criteria, intervention boxes, new assessment binders to support milestones of where our students are, to connecting with our colleagues at all the sites. Individuals were able to glean and share information on “what’s working, what’s not, what’s next”.
We handed out copies of Norman Doidge’s book, “The Brain that Changes Itself“. If you are interested in a copy and you were not able to attend, please email me and I will get you a copy of this very engaging book of stories.
An invitation to all participant members to join the conversation of refining/reviewing our student selection profiles. If interested, please forward your name to Janet. Don’t miss this great day of going deeper into Interventions (back by popular demand – Tom Chapin from Arkansas) – book your day for November 8th.
- Introduction to New Assessment Binder (pre/post assessments). Additional packages will be included at the session. Wed. Oct 6th (3:30-5:00).
- Be an Intervention Expert – Not only does he have stories to tell, but guaranteed to be an engaging and informative day, Tom Chapin will provide insights into the world of Interventions. You won’t want to miss this – November 8th (full day 8:30-3:00).
- ARC-BC Training – Although the database is closed for additional materials, the current database is open for teachers to download e-content to support their students (especially for Kurzweil). Registration is required to gain access to the database. Tues. Oct. 5 (3:30-5:00)
- Kurzweil (Introduction) – Tues. Nov. 9th (3:30-5:00)
- Kurzweil (Advanced) – Tues. Oct. 26th (3:30-5:00)