Recently we had session 2 of our Communicating Learning via ePortfolios Team. When I wrote up this session to post for the group, it struck me that these thoughts applied to everyone especially at a time when we’re all focused on assessment, report cards and all the things that come with the process.
- Learning is doing
- Learning starts with the learner’s own ideas
- Learning involves getting personally involved
- Questions drive learning and are also outcomes of learning
- Learning involves uncovering complexity
- Learning can be a group process and a group outcome
- Learning and thinking can be made visible
How might these ideas affect the way you approach a Fast ForWord learning environment, an assessment environment or what this means to think well (critically, creatively)? If you know your “why”, it’s easier to frame the assessment. I’m especially captivated by “questions drive learning and are also outcomes of learning”. Not the teacher’s questions but student’s questions.
We’d love to have your thoughts on this through the comment feature here.