Welcome to 2011. It’s the start of a new year and just the time to check what’s happening in the calendar. Since we moved our Learning Session Registrations online, we’ve had many people say how easy it is to check for events and to register. However, because it is so dynamic, sometimes in our busyness we forget to constantly check it for new events and sessions. So just to give you a taste of some options to support both Fast ForWord and the multi-literacies:
(*All registration is through the Staff Development Calendar. There are many more in the calendar.)
- January 11 (Tues – 3:30-5:30): It’s All About Reading Products. For the 3 sites who are starting these products. If you would like to join us to learn more, please also register.
- January 12 (Wed) – 4 part series: Words Their Way. This series is full.
- January 18 (Tues – 3:30-5:30): Fast ForWord Interventions: Connecting the Dots. Increase your comfort level with interventions – make Progress Tracker your friend. Questions are welcome-we’ll collaboratively find answers. We’re expecting a special guest to join us too.
- January 20 (Thurs – 3:30-5:00): Kurzweil 3000 Part 3-Writing. This is part 3 of the series and will focus on using the software to support writing. (Please note that secondary provincial exams allow the use of Kurzweil as an adaptation/accommodation.)
- Reading/Writing with Kurzweil Series – Alternate Educators Group
- Stop Motion Animation – 3 part series
- Digital Writing/Digital Teaching – 4 part series
- District Day