It’s summer and the warm weather has certainly given us more chances to sit back and ponder over the year. And what I’m reminded over and over is that WE have great people in each of our school sites doing great things to support our students. Funny how sitting on a log, listening to the waves crash over rocks and seaweed allow a certain perspective to emerge. So here’s a list of things that I learned from my Fast ForWord “community of learners” (*Yes that’s you 🙂
- one smile can light up and change a day for someone
- even though we endured a year of districtwide reimaging which took down whole schools, we managed to increase the number of students we supported (*meaning our teachers are incredibly hardworking)
- great questions take time to percolate when we expect deep connections
- prevention trumps intervention (*it’s an art to deconstruct the reports)
- communication is a multi-way street and allows everyone to gather wisdom
- learning (including professional learning) is a matter of connectedness, of energy, of heart/soul and risk
As we move towards an online integrated process in the Fall, I look forward to learning and connecting with you all. Have a wonderful summer of rejuvenation.