Autumn and rain and …

Here we are, in the middle of October.  The past month and a half has flown by as we have come back and yet again are getting used to another new schedule.  The semester system seems awfully full.  I know some of you are finding it hard to find time to breathe, let alone take a break.  But for your own sake, set aside some relaxation time – even if it’s just 15 minutes each evening.  With the dark arriving earlier each evening and the rain we’re having, you have every excuse to curl up under a blanket and …  there are loads of things to do.  I am going to suggest reading something you enjoy, whatever that is.  Right now I’m reading a series called Highlands & Islands Detective Mysteries.  I have it on Kindle and am reading it from my phone.  It takes place in Northern Scotland on the mainland and the Hebrides.  Reading these books is as close to visiting that region as I’m going to get right now.  I have also been listening to some audiobooks from the public library.  And I have had a few paper books on the go as well.
You have so many options if you want to find some pleasure reading.  If you don’t have time to commit to a book, try a magazine.  If listening to a book while you’re walking to school sounds like a good idea, we have audiobooks you can sign out (come see me for more information on that).  The public library has loads of ebooks and audiobooks to download.  And we have new books coming into the library all the time.  Check out the new books (fiction and non-fiction) displays.  Oh, and I’m always open to suggestions!