Good morning to you!

I have opened up many windows and doors at my house to allow the fresh, sweet air from the rain to keep me company as I write this blog post. I can hear all sorts of birds and sounds of the city and can feel the cool air swirling around my legs. I can see trees and flowers and small green plants pushing through the soil in my veggie garden that will soon become peas, lettuce, kale and tomatoes. Yum! I also spy our dogwood tree and it is in full bloom. This is one of my favourite times of the year and could also be a wonderful inspiration for a wonderful story! As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, experiences and observations can also be the beginning of a creation in Story Studio!

In Story Studio supplies are called Loose Parts and Story Materials.

Think of Story Studio Supplies as stuff. Stuff that you have in your homes and in your yards. Story Studio Stuff can be toys like cars, action figures, Playmobil people, Lego, stuffed animals. Story Studio Stuff can also be recycled items, bottle caps, toilet paper rolls, rocks, sticks, leaves. Story Studio Stuff can be ANYTHING large or small that learners can use to show their ideas, stories and learning.

• Using ‘stuff’ build a picture to explain your learning
  • Move the stuff around to play out the story of your learning
  • Play out the learning story one or more times adding stuff or using new stuff.
  • Recreate the learning story with paints, pastels, crayons, clay, playdough, sand, sidewalk chalk…anything you’d like!

Click here for a wonderful example of a Story Studio at home from The Hive in Delta.

Now it’s your turn! 🙂 Listen to the story I read aloud yesterday to work with Div. 9 to do a Story Studio about insects and teamwork or take a walk in the rain to become inspired! Here are some at-home creations from Div. 9 to inspire you, too!

Creation by Nils

Creation by Malaya

Creation by Jocelyn

Creation by Evan L

Creation by Dexter

Creation by Cara

Creation by Anna

Creation by Ashlyn

Thank you to everyone that shared in Div. 9…so fun and creative! Check back tomorrow to see the final part of Story Studio…Sharing!

Mrs. H.