Happy weekend, Cool Beans!

Calling all Cool Beans!

Remember when we read The Cool Bean by Jory John and Pete Oswald? It was so fun to read with you and realize that what is really cool is to be kind. Our school is full of Cool Beans!

Here is a video of Pete Oswald as he talks to us about how he came up with the idea for the garbanzo bean and what he uses to do his illustrations. I had never heard of frisket paper before…I love learning new things! Watch below to see what frisket paper is and why Pete Oswald uses it to do his illustrations:

Jory John and Pete Oswald have also teamed up for a new picture book called The Great Eggscape! I have bought it for our library, so you can take it out when we get back to school. πŸ™‚ In the meantime, here is a read aloud of the book below. You may be able to connect if you were hunting for eggs this morning! Happy Easter! And Happy Vaisakhi tomorrow!

Happy reading, too!

Mrs. H.

2 Comments

1. Krystal

I am growing beans at home since March end, and they’re not growing.
    🧐 πŸ€”

• hossackp

Hmmm…we might have to do a little research! What do beans (plants) need to grow? Are they getting all of those things? Are they getting too much of those things? Hmmm…let me know what you discover and keep me in the bean-growing loop, please. πŸ™‚