Apply for “The Adventures in Film Camp”!
This experience is part of the Powell River Film Festival specifically designed for young filmmakers. During the day, participants learn from pro media artists, attend interesting seminars by established directors, filmmakers and media experts, gain hands-on, practical experience making videos or animation, and have the opportunity to collaborate with and be inspired by other young filmmakers.
In the evenings, participants have the opportunity to enjoy and analyze the Festival films, and socialize with media-savvy Festival attendees and industry people at the receptions. Participants leave the camp with the full experience of video production, including teamwork and troubleshooting, have a short film for their demo reel, and friendships that may well develop into further film making collaborations. The camp is fast-paced and fun, and our past participants have been thrilled with the outcome!
Deadline to apply is Thursday, November 30th.
Dates of the experience: February 16 – 18, 2017 | Travel Dates: February 15 & 18 | Location: Powell River, BC
For more information about Rotary and the Adventure program visit http://www.RotaryBurnaby.org under Youth Services.
- Be a Grade 11 or 12 student between 15-18 years of age on January 1
- Provide a max. 1 page double spaced typed Statement of Interest as to why you wish to attend
- Provide a character reference from one of your teachers
- Submit the following application form HERE, along with the Statement of Interest and Character Reference by November 30, 2017.
- Each High School will select one candidate to be interviewed by the Rotary Club of Burnaby
- Date of Interview: December 6, 2017 between 9am and 12 noon (details to follow)
- Candidates from each high school will be interviewed by representatives of the Rotary Club of Burnaby
- Interviews should last approximately 15 to 20 minutes
- Candidates should have an understanding of Rotary and its priorities
Please see Ms. Falsetto with questions.