The Rotary Club of Burnaby is now accepting applications for the Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) South.
Are you available to attend a fully sponsored 4-day leadership camp over the Easter Long weekend (Friday, March 30 – Monday, April 2, 2018)? If yes, consider this!
RYLA South is for grade 10-12 students looking for an intensive leadership and personal development training program. RYLA South’s goal is to provide participants with the skills they need to navigate their way through the challenges teens encounter in their formative years.
The 4-day camp takes place at Camp Elphinstone with other youths from all over British Columbia. It consists of interactive workshops, teambuilding exercises, presentations from professional speakers, hands on service projects and many other fun activities!
RYLA South provides opportunities to:
● Build on leadership skills, as an individual and as a team player.
● Increase selfconfidence and selfesteem.
● Learn about personal and professional responsibility.
● Understand the importance of effective communication skills.
● Develop problem solving and conflict management skills.
● Make new friends while having fun.
● Meet community leaders and mentors.
● Learn about other Rotary Youth Programs.
● Reside in Rotary International District 5040 (British Columbia, Canada).
● Be selected for sponsorship by a participating Rotary club.
● Be in grade 10, 11 or 12 at time of registration.
● Demonstrate leadership and community service.
● If selected, must be available to attend ALL camp dates (March 30-April 2)
Please note that this is an all-expenses paid camping trip.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your resume directly to Lana: email@example.com before Monday, January 15th, 2018.
More information is HERE.