Travel (even if you can’t get away)

If you’re like me, you like to get away and the farther, the better.  Ideally, my destination would be far enough that I had to get on a plane to get there.  If you are planning some overseas travel, drop by the library for books about countries around the world.  We also have travel guides to help you lessen your culture shock.
While most of us are stuck here in Burnaby in November, going to school, and only dreaming of travel (Christmas? Spring Break? next summer?), one of our grade 10 students is spending the year in Israel.  Here are a couple of her photos:

the old wall, Jerusalem

a Crusader-era citadel

Growing up in BC where buildings are old if they’re 100, I particularly like to visit places that are really old – 1000’s of years.  While I don’t know if I’ll ever make it to Israel myself, I can be an armchair traveller with Dorling Kindersley’s travel guide, Jerusalem & the Holy Land,  books on Israel, and even historical fiction, Masada: The Last Fortress.

So thanks for the photos and we hope you have a great year.  I’ll be dreaming of visiting this last one: