Graphica (or graphics) are visual representations on any surface, such as a wall, canvas, computer screen, paper or cyberspace. They serve to inform, illustrate, communicate or entertain. Graphics may combine elements of text, illustration, photo and colour. The use of graphics serve to enhance understanding and thus is a powerful tool to use in education.
Consider strengthening understanding through activities that incoporate the visual literacies:
- Comics and ComicLife (Click here for a full explanation)
- Graphic organizers such as Inspiration/ Kidspiration/ InspireData, which goes from visual organizer to written presentation
- Digital Photography (for use in movies, PSA, flyers, blogs, wikis, storytelling, process reflection, presentation work)
- Word Clouds (text presented in visual way)
- Thinglink (interactive images – make images come to life with text, hyperlinks, audio, video)