This scholarship is awarded annually to a well-rounded student who has demonstrated strong citizenship and leadership skills as demonstrated through voluntary participation in community and school activities. The scholarship shall be applicable towards post- secondary education or trades training at any approved institution.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicant students should have:
- demonstrated good citizenship and strong leadership skills;
- been actively involved in community service and / or volunteer work
- been actively involved in youth initiatives, activities and events in the Burnaby community;
- been actively involved in school-based activities; and actively pursuing relevant school coursework.
1. A scholarship of $1000 will be awarded to a Senior Secondary student in the Burnaby School District. Funds will be administered through the Rotary Club of Burnaby – Deer Lake.
2. In order to be eligible for consideration:
a. A student must complete a personal application; or
b. A staff member at the student’s school must submit a nomination form.
3. All applications / nominations are to be submitted directly to:
Rotary Club of Burnaby – Deer Lake, Scholarship Committee Box 63019 RPO Highgate Burnaby BC V5E 4J4
The deadline for applications / nominations is APRIL 5, 2019