$1000 awards will recognize students for their dedication and commitment to selfless service in the community. We hope to continue to celebrate the achievements of young people who have created positive change.
To be considered for this award, the applicant must be:
1. A graduating, grade 12 student attending secondary school in the Lower Mainland.
2. Attending a Canadian post-secondary institution on a full time basis beginning September 2018. Proof of acceptance may be requested.
3. Actively involved in voluntary pursuits of any kind (humanitarian, environmental, etc.).
4. Minimum academic average of 70%. Proof of average may be requested.
How To Apply
1. Review the eligibility criteria, application steps, and information document.
2. Complete the application form. Click here to access the form.
3. Email us your resume detailing your volunteer experience, leadership work, and any other extracurricular activities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title your document under your name (e.g. John Smith). Your application will be considered incomplete if you do not submit your resume by the deadline.
4. Send us a video of yourself answering the questions found below in bullet points. We ask that you email us a link to Google Drive, YouTube, or Dropbox from where we can directly download your video. Title your video under your name (e.g. John Smith). Please ensure your video is between 5-7 minutes.
– What challenges have you overcome when it comes to giving back, stepping outside of your comfort zone, and taking initiative? Please explain what steps you took to overcome these challenges.
– How do you feel when you think outside of yourself, and contribute to something bigger than you?
*PLEASE NOTE* – Send both your resume and link to your video in the same email. In the subject line of your email, please use the following format – “Your Name – YTS Scholarship.”
Click HERE to access the website.
Deadline is Friday, May 4th.