There are 5500 District/Authority Scholarships distributed across school districts and independent school authorities that recognize graduating B.C. students for excellence in their chosen area of interest or strength. Beginning in the 2015/16 school year, winners will receive a $1250 scholarship voucher to use towards their post-secondary tuition.
Students can apply for this scholarship through their school district office or contact their school counsellor for information. Independent school students should apply through their independent school authority.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Meet the basic eligibility requirements
- Meet criteria determined by the local scholarship committee, which requires a student to demonstrate outstanding achievement in any of the following areas:
- Indigenous Languages and Culture, demonstrated at school or in the community
- Fine Arts (e.g., Visual Arts, Dance, Drama, Music)
- Applied Skills (e.g., Business Ed, Technology Ed, Home Economics)
- Physical Activity (e.g., Athletics, Dance, Gymnastics, not limited to Physical Education)
- International Languages with Integrated Resource Packages (IRPs) or External Assessments, including A.P. and I.B. courses
- Community Service (Volunteer Activity), which includes demonstration of local and global issues and cultural awareness
- Technical and Trades Training (e.g., Carpentry, Automotive, Mechanics, Cook Training)
- Fulfill the B.C. graduation requirements of either the 2004 Graduation Program or the Adult Graduation Program by August 31st of the student’s graduating year
- Have not previously received a District/Authority Award or a District/Authority Scholarship
NOTE: IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS SCHOLARSHIP PLEASE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH MS.FUJIKI FIRST BEFORE HANDING IN AN APPLICATION FORM. (Application forms are located in Ms.Fujiki’s room – will be later uploaded to this post)
Preliminary Deadline: Friday, December 18th, 2015