The Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship (PTES) is awarded to 20 outstanding high school graduates who have demonstrated a commitment and aptitude for a career path in K-12 teaching. Each recipient will receive a $5000 scholarship voucher to use towards tuition in their teaching program at a designated BC post-secondary institution.
A student cannot win both a Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship and a BC Excellence Scholarship.
A student applying for this scholarship must meet basic eligibility requirements and be:
- In their graduation year with graduation to occur by August 31
- Eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma)
- Maintaining a ‘B’ average (73% or above) in all Grade 11 and 12 courses required for graduation
- with no more than one Grade 12 mark at a ‘C+’ level (67% or above)
- Showing evidence of commitment and aptitude for a teaching career in the K-12 system
Deadline March 31st, 2016