Biology 12: Diseases and Disorders

Besides the LLC’s print texts and reference books we have access to a number of sites. Please avoid using Wikipedia for this type of research. Although Wikiedia is handy, it may not always be accurate.

The district offers online Encylopedia and Databases. Explora 8-12, World Book Advanced and Science in Context all offer good options for your topics. Explora and Science in Context offer numerous  curated current articles and videos on the topic. World Book offers a simple, but thorough article.  I have also listed several online government sites which focus on diseases.

Ms OSullivan’s Senior Group

Students viewed video clips from Historica, looked at images from the Canadian War Museum and a local paper and then read a picture book. For our final activity we planted tulips in the school garden to commemorate people who have died in war.

Grade 8 Artist AnimatedVideos

Ms Elderton’s students visited the LLC to research and then describe the importance of some key contemporary artists. They used books and online research tools and then created White Board Explainer Videos using the online program My Simple Show.

Click on the links below to watch the videos:

Design 101

Interested in improving your design skills? Located here are some key resources and links to some free online design programs. Click here to see a list of helpful resources that can bring your projects to the next level. Please come and see Ms Parsonson if you need help accessing or using these digital resources.

Bulldogs Read 2019-2020 Begins

BullDogs Read 2019
 novels are now available in the library for everyone to check out! Which book will win top prize? Perhaps the dystopian thriller? Or the biography written by a young Syrian refugee? Or the complicated love story?

We invite you to come check them out.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Lisa Parsonson and I am the new Teacher Librarian at Byrne Creek. I am so excited to be a part of this community and work in the beautiful Library Learning Commons. Before this, I have worked as a Head Teacher, a classroom teacher, an ELL teacher, a program consultant in arts education and a Faculty Associate at SFU. I speak two languages: English and French. I love to cycle, hike and walk. I also enjoy trying new technologies in creative ways. I am married and have a cat, called Maggie.

I look forward to getting to know the students and staff here at Byrne. Please come and drop by the LLC and say hello.