Book Returns and Checking Out New Books

This post is a copy of the letter that went out yesterday with a couple additional pieces of information highlighted:

Hello From Brantford Library!

Since you all still have the books you borrowed before spring break, I would like them returned to the school library and provide you with the opportunity to check out new ones if you wish. Although you cannot come into the school, we have figured out a way to accomplish this:

1. Return your books. Book returns will be happening starting this week (May 12-15, 2020). You can drop off books at the front of the school and they will be taken to the library, so I can check them back into our system.
  2. Search the school library catalogue. Once books are removed from your record, you can take out new books by searching our school catalogue to see what is available. By logging into the catalogue with your school login, you can put a book on hold and I can take out the book(s) under your name.   As of right now, book allowances will remain the same, except for Kindergarden. K/1 can take out 2 books; 2/3 can take out 3 books; 4-7 can take out 4 books. Please request more than one book to avoid the disappointment of not getting your first choice.
  3. Pick up your library books. Next week, on Friday, May 22, 2020 from 10-12, and 1-2 the books will be labelled and prepared for pick up at the front of the school. If this time does not work for your family, please email me at: marlen.dias@burnabyschools.ca so we can arrange another time.

Also, if the book you’ve requested is not available, I will email you or leave a note attached to your other requested books. If you are not sure which books to take out, please email me for suggestions or I can put a bundle together for you.

For directions on how to search and login to the catalogue, watch this short video I made here.) 

2 Replies to “Book Returns and Checking Out New Books”

1. Hello! Cool blog Ms. Dias! Thank you for organizing this for us all!

2. Pingback: Week of May 18th-22 – Mme.Marando and Mme. Mauro's French Immersion Kindergarten